|What is Sexual Health?
The World Health Organization defines sexual health in the following way, “Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction or infirmity. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence.”
Are Sexual Health Issues Common?
Yes. Many people (both men and women) experience sexual health issues at one time in their lives - especially as they age. There are a wide variety of sexual health topics for women, and some of the more common topics which can cause distress are listed below:
Sexual Health Issues - How We Can Help
- Sexual Dysfunction - Sexual dysfunction typically refers to any problem in the sexual response cycle (desire, excitement, orgasm, etc.). Some of the most common problems related to sexual dysfunction for women include:
- Inhibited Sexual Desire - This involves a lack of desire for sex.
- Inability to Become Aroused - This usually is caused by lack of vaginal lubrication, anxiety, lack of stimulation, or inadequate blood flow to the clitoris and/or vagina.
- Anorgasmia - This is the absence of sexual climax or orgasm.
- Painful Intercourse - This can be caused by a wide variety of mostly physical difficulties.
The success of treatment for female sexual dysfunction depends on the underlying cause of the problem. The outlook is good for dysfunction that is related to a treatable or reversible physical condition. Also, hormones play an important role in regulating sexual function in women. With the decrease in the female hormone estrogen that is related to aging and menopause, many women experience some changes in sexual function as they age, including poor vaginal lubrication and decreased genital sensation. Further, research suggests that low levels of testosterone also contribute to a decline in sexual arousal, genital sensation, and orgasm.
- Infertility -Infertility may be due to a single cause in either you or your partner, or a combination of factors that may prevent a pregnancy from occurring or continuing. Fortunately, there are many safe and effective therapies for overcoming infertility. These treatments significantly improve your chances of becoming pregnant.
- Pregnancy & Childbirth - Due to the dramatic changes that a woman’s body undergoes during and just after pregnancy, there can be a wide variety of medical issues that surface that may be concerning or need to be addressed. Some of these include:
- Breastfeeding Challenges
- Lactation Issues
- Pre-term Birth Concerns
- Perianal Pain after Childbirth
- The Desire to Stop Smoking
Precision Specialty Pharmacy will take the time to find out about your unique needs and medical conditions, and work with your health care provider to find the best solutions for you. We have extensive experience compounding medications in a wide variety of forms and strengths. Our specialized abilities allow us to create medications that increase your treatment options, and improve your chances of enjoying a successful outcome.
Is a Compounded Prescription Right for Me?
- Talk to your health care provider - Discuss compounding as a treatment option, and let your health care provider know you heard about prescription compounding from Precision Specialty Pharmacy.
- Contact Us - to inquire about potential treatment strategies, and how Precision Specialty Pharmacy can help you.